…when I walked into Widget’s room this morning at 3am, after he woke me scrying (his scream/cry hybrid). He was lying there on his tummy, with his face mashed into the side of his crib. Not a good feeling.
He’s been rolling onto his side a lot the last few days, and apparently he’s figured out the last 90 degrees. I’m not sure if he can do it reliably yet or not, but still. Add to this that he never seems to want to roll from his tummy to his back (I’ve seen him do it, he just doesn’t do it often). Rather, when he’s done with tummy time, he buries his face into the floor and cries.
So the order of business, after I took care of his immediate needs and he was back in bed:
- Purchase a new baby monitor with video. Stupid, perhaps, but it keeps me from having anxiety through the roof. Pay extra for 1-day shipping.
- Google that shit. Attempt to discern if advice found is relevant, given the assumption the baby is 6 months old instead of 3
- Decide advice from Google is B.S. even though some comes from people with credentials
- Call pediatrician at 8:00:01 am (they open at 8). Leave a message with the triage nurse.
- Tell my husband, and get laughed at
- Make frowny face while yelling “MY CONCERN IS LEGITIMATE!!”
- Wait for return call and write blog post while so doing
So there you have it. What would you do?